Thursday, May 3, 2012


Jordan:

This is the trip through my eyes! Thank you for your loving support and your powerful prayer.

I have spent some time trying to put into words just how to describe the time that I was in Jordan with our prayer team.  I must say that this was harder then expected. Yet, when I began to look at not what we did but how God is moving it brought wings to the words. Please bare with me as this letter may be longer than expected.

Prior to going to Mafraq Jordan while spending time with God, He made it clear that this journey was just as much for our freedom as a team and individuals as it was for the interceding on behalf of our family in Christ abroad. With that being said please keep track of the footing of the Holy Spirit. For often times he calls up into a much smaller picture of what he is training us up for. 

We did not know each other well before we went. In fact, I did not know everyones names and as embarrassing as the sounds it is true. Yet we were all called and in like mindedness. That morning the tangerine sun kissed the night sky and laced the sky with ribbons of turquoise and hews of peach. It was the furthest away from my husband as I had ever been. We boarded our plane in Phoenix and headed out. Full of anticipation for what God was going to do. I do not think one of us did not have expectations. It was the goodness and the holiness of  God that exceeded my expectations and blew my mind. 

We landed in Jordan and I suddenly felt way over my head. Not that I was not called but, that my life could be snuffed out in just getting to our home base. Where direction of traffic and lanes are merrily just a suggestion and one that is not taken that seriously. My nerves were raw in the hour or so trip to our apartment. I did not sleep well and at 4am the call to prayer woke me up. I took the opportunity to pray. I asked God what he wanted to say to me and this is what he said. 
My beloved Glorious. I love you so much. What I have for you is going to change your life and the way you live it. There is no resistance to great. I will heal you. You are to walk on water and we will be filled with Joy. My beloved glorious Im going to use you . Be prepared in your heart because Im going to speak through you. 
Lord, I said, how do you want me to prepare my heart? 
My beloved, He said, Be with me so that you can hear everything that I will tell you. 
Lord I responded, What should I expect from you this week? 
My glorious he said, You will not disappoint me, I have been training you for times such as these. Be ready for me to transform you and others through you.

This was the beginning of the first day. We met as a group and prayed for the Lords leading and set aside our expectations. We wanted our team to function out of who we are, so we began to ask God for our identity as individuals. For some of our team member for the first time they were affirmed in who they are. From there we went down stairs and saw Kelly, where her neighbor was visiting. What a beautiful woman. I will call her Abigail! She is the second wife where she is the mother of four beautiful children. She is not a believer but I am confident that God is moving in her broken heart. Us ladies spent the afternoon and evening getting our hair done by Abigail where we were able to bless her. It was in those hours where we were able to love this beautiful family and children. Each of us had things to offer the young children that was unique to our hearts. Susan drew pictures of hope Love and beauty  for the young girls and Patty's arms were full of love. My self it was VBS song that came to mind and they loved it. Just before we left I placed a ring on Abigail's finger and let her know that Jesus is in love with her and we blessed the family.

TOMORROW YOU WILL GET THE NEXT DAY IN JORDAN


No comments:

Post a Comment