Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To The Shore And Back Again



To The Shore and Back Again

It's at the shore of the river where our dreams seem just out of our grasp where the rivers rage in high season. There I stand again on the rocks that once my feet cradled each stone perfectly but this time with my little girl. Well, she is hardly little; the argument for this weighs on the her beautiful shoulders at fourteen. The waters slap our feet and it is as if light has filled in her eyes. For on the other side of this winding river is our dream daddies  where their love knows no bounds. It really has not been that long where I my self dreamed of what my heart so desperately longed for. I was curtain that it lay behind the dense woods where the sunlight danced on the ancient oaks and whispered of treasures untold. 

Today I find myself along this shore again, but this time I am not alone No, next to me with eyes as big as can be my daughter has spotted what could be her daddy. Her quest although incomplete began 14 years ago where I lay under the oaks trees loosing hope that there would be a day to cross into freedom. It was then I was given my beloved darling. Not a day would go by for years where she asked for a daddy and why did all the other girls have daddies. My words at the start were stifled in rich tenderness for her broken world that she was born into. Quaint and flat was my reply as I felt so alone near the shore was, there are no daddies for us. Time seem to skip moons and sunrises and that battle for desire raged on in the hearts of two broken girls who knew no daddy.  

For the last 8 years this treasure this gift, my beloved seemed to know of this secret joy, this secret spender. It was everyday that she would ask is my daddy over there? Can we go look for him over there? I would cringe at the grinding in my soul of a little lost me longing for my home. Yet for years all I could see is her studying the shore in waiting for her father to be. As time went on the roles shifted, not entirely one can hope. But, to any little girl 14 years is a long time and for her mom I have returned from the other side. I could see her turn away and gaze at other things. So I pray, Lord come let her see your face those daddy eyes every girl needs to embrace the truer her today. The tears shed on that shore to the canopy echos can't endure and He arranges things to bring us to our knees for my little girl is pleading with me. Singing my familiar song it will never be. 

Then like a shot in the dark. A daddy voice penetrates to the heart. Like living water on a dreary soul running over to more. She, my beloved hears a fathers voice. There she runs to the waters edge where hope has stirred. There I found my self to be hand in hand waiting with time coming. Tis, the day come soon He said where she will take this trip from the waters edge. Will I bid her good bye from the shore of my desires. Then with just a glimpse she sees daddies eyes and I have lost her to the other side. It was my prayer you see, but nearly all I can bare to grieve. It is no longer just my daughter on the shore with me. 

Could I not come to those of us who wait for those enduring eyes where we are the beauty for a life. Where our daddy is happy just sitting by our side, where there is not need for more, but it is all that you are that is just what hung the moon. All I can say to those who are weary and long for life, is this. You daddy is coming for just you and he will call you by a new name like darling that he gave to my daughter not many days from today. 

Like the lilly among thorns
is my darling among maidens
Song of Song 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment