Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Lepers Heart



A Lepers Heart

My heart lay feverish on the cold damp floor with my exiled body. It was as if my heart bore the sore of a leper sickened late in the decease. Shriveled, dismembered and infected. Years of abuse lay waste to what barely felt human. Hollow lonely with scarily a heart beat. There's not much that has really changed from that long ago, where the better would be desired to live alone untouched. To where ever I'd go I would not have to be seen as unclean. Even though dressed in my best all the world could see that my heart was leprous indeed.
This heart broken beyond repair to the world. Put her in FairFax said some medical professionals, she's just a whore and always will be, she deserves to be mistreated, look at her she's worthless said family. Before attending here you must rid yourself of some sin were the words of a church. For me there was not much difference of that then the lepers of old. There was this sick perception to die alone seemed easier then to live with the shame of others. 

Then with out a reason known to me the gaze of God rested on me. It trickled in as silent and warm and the comfort of a warm blanket lay crossed cold shoulders in sleep. For this momentary glimpse was as heaven sent as that of an infant invading earth while the earth made ready for a man, a king. Drawing me out in front the crowd. You could almost here the scoffers murmuring amongst them selves. She is unworthy, God has no use for her. Then as if the very sovereignty of God shout their mouths silence fell like a silk sheets on the wind as Jesus reaches out and touches my diseased heart. Just the worth of his embrace brought me to my knees where my tears soaked the souls of my mockers feet. She is my beloved he spoke as his gentle voice, yet so commanding it rippled and quaked the strongest of mountains. To day this day I have healed her and set her free. No longer will you ever be seen as the world has believed you to be. You are my beloved who I am in love with.

There God reached out his mighty hand lifted me up so that I could stand. He wrapped is royal garments about me and whispered so tenderly would you my beloved come and walk with me. As if my feet could not contain each step was freeing. It was my Lord that called me forth for it was not that anyone wanted to do or seen in me. But that God called and made me according to his plan. My blessed redeemer, my loving friend, my only father, my saviour till the end. ~ I love the way you love me

No comments:

Post a Comment