Friday, October 7, 2011

Could This Be Love



Could This Be Love

It isn't that I go back to the same old closet to put on cloaks of shame, rage or the most common obvious sins. It is the coats that no longer fit. Rather I am beginning to shed the ones I had never removed. I had no idea, and now I'm completely lost with words in understanding the complexity in which I have made the process of redemption.

I have battled all my life with pride. It is amazing that this nasty beast was not the first of my broken heart that God asked me to release. The process of pride I have found comes from a much deeper wounding than a human can inflict. It is the thumb print of our enemies seal of death.  He places it on us like a birth mark and it nearly becomes part of our being.  This redeeming process has felt much more like the removal of a tattoo. A burning of flesh. 

For so so long I have believed that if I were truly submitted I would feel like doing it all the time, or if I hated my fleshy pride then to set it down would feel more like clean water lapping on my tired feet. But, every act of redemption has been a conscience choice. None of which has felt most refreshing in the moment. In-fact; quite often it has left me bare naked and exposed. Left to the elements of public exposer, of a more humble me. Somewhere along the way of the journey of my heart I have stumbled along the lie that I am more beautiful if I have got things all together, and I believed it. But, the journey that God has had me on for a what seems a lot longer than it really is; is one of on my face in complete humility.

The more I walk with God, He ever so gently makes known hidden cloths under my new garments. He invites me to remove them. The process seems to be shorter in what it takes for me to hate them so much that I allow the almighty God to cut away the old remnants of a fallen Eve, a fallen glory. The most enchanting and hope laden truths is that God of all creation loves me so much that He is willing to walk with me while I have coats of pride, while all the while telling me who I am with out them. The way that His very God being dances with the longing of what has been His holy design. Community with the very beauty of Him. The utter commitment of His complete knowing that we have fallen from such a high place. The place that is seated next to Him in His heavenly realms . How he hates sin so much that He is willing to love me as if it were not the issue. Where He loves me for who He created me to be, and not for why or where I have fallen. An absolute refusal to believe that I am anything other than He created in the face of his despicable enemy. 

Oh my God make this an offering to you that I would give anything to be all that you desire of me to be. What a beautiful Saviour beautiful father and a magnificent friend. You have cradled my ever shattered heart with the patients that seemed to have no bound that cannot be extinguish even when death calls. Oh God my delight my joy. You have  brought me out of shackles and chains. Would you make my feet light so that I may run to you, and only you for the rest of my life.  Give my fingers flight in the removal of all veils that keep your glory from shining through. Let my life be a refection of you, your endowed splendor, your gracious love. 

"You have captured my heart, dear friend.
 You looked at me and I fell in love. 
One look my way and I was hopelessly in love!"

~Song of Solomon~
(The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment