Monday, July 25, 2011


A New Creation

Wow! God you take my breath away. Your playground is big and your shoulders are wide. You have allowed me to freely choose other things than you, and with a gated watch you've seen me fall. Lord my anger gnashed at you like frost bite while your whispers sang I love you. Lord my God your heart is being etched on my shattered remains. O my lover my God in your mercy my cries have captured your gaze and you covered my shame by your crimson robes. There you gathered me to you to wipe my ash stained face. You dress me Lord in suites of salvation and robes of righteousness. You touched my face and placed a royal crown on my heart, while telling me stories of forgiveness. 
   There I lay naked and cold on the damp prison floor. Where ash tears stained my face. Years of betrayal and genocide on my heart had crippled my word in which I could not speak. Cringing in agony while watching the moon filter in my cold cell floors I glanced with one last drop of hope. Then I froze with quick terror my door opened where no one had been in here. Could this be the end of my life, the end of this prison inside? I could not see the face, but what I felt for sure. This person had not been here before. In graceful movement ever so close this figure moved like that of a man. I berried my face in my hands, I could not let him see this hideousness of shame that expand. Ever so gently his words pieced my cry, and with silence I held my breath inside, please just take me for I am not alive. 
Ever so gently his hand touched my hair as he said what beauty is this none can compare. My soul escaped and betrayed my stifled cry and moved in harmony of this new hand on my thigh. It had been so long sense before anyone wanted to touch me let alone call me adored. I was washed in warmth of he who entered my cell door. Carefully he sat me up to see with my eyes close tight he touched my hands and feet. Chains of heaviness lay waste at my side, and it was then that I opened my eyes. I could not see but the shackles that lay waste at my feet, then I thought who is this to free me? His hand so gently cupped my face more tears began to fall on my already ash stained face. Oh my bride he said in time I have come that you would have life. There he lifted me to stand and washed me clean from the filth of man. So softly and gently he said look and see do not be afraid for you are the beauty of me. There I stood and seen in the mirror that be, there it shown something I had never seen. My gowns are white garments of grace, where shoes of peace replaced my shackles an chains. My face reflected the royal jewels. A crown he did place of my cascading hair of forgiveness for those who put me here. On my hand he place a ring to be his bride. It was then he said you are mine for life. He carried me out of this prison of mine and set me next to him as he read my birth right. For all the world to hear this is what he said:

This is my Glorious delight
this is my beauty at my side
I have called and choose her to be
adopted and apart of my royal family
I redeemed her, your claim no longer stands
She is apart of heavens bigger plan
Long before the earth was made 
I predestined her to be this way
She's my beloved and I am hers
no longer will your words hold power over hers
I set her free forever to be, never will you
keep her from me

This was it was for me on my wedding day

. Gloria ,


1 comment: