Sunday, June 26, 2011

Release


~Release~

Without faith my hope is dead. It is as though faith gives validity to hope, that the hope that should come in the wake of faith is worth stepping into the unknown for. Hope gives in return this relational worship saying all the while that there is so much to have faith for. That hoping is what brings the core of courage  to move into the battle field of the heart and mind, and the faith of each step forward carry us up and through to the other side of victory. 
The couple days I wrote about my day. My heart ached with heavyness. Yet for the freedom of it I must write it out. The object of sharing such stories is to validate the truth that I am not the only one who has suffered loss. This is one of the ways Satan grips his claws in me is to get me thinking that I am alone. Then the enemy has got me curled up in a ball of fear I become prey of his legions because I am not moving my hands upward to grasp that ever so tight grip of Jesus Christ. It is that place that I must choose to stand risk the deeper threats of the enemy and stand with all my strength and reach with my hands lifted up and call on the name of Jesus. 

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in ALL these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:35-37. The choice to allow there to be a switch in my destiny. I think about Ester being taken to be married to a king that wanted her for only her looks. Not long into there marriage she was left wanting and he was receiving from other woman. Then when she was faced with the fate of all her people she was asked to go before the king which could cost her very life. Mordecai reminds her that perhaps she was born for such a time as this. That her position and power was thrust on her because she was the one that could believer her people. She had this moment where she chose to go to her husband the king yet calling all of the jews to fast with her and for her people and there deliverance. 
Perhaps I was made to stand at such a time as this. Not that it feels good because I am sure Ester was not feeling to good about her situation but that it is necessary that we stand in faith that the hope we seek is worth far more than anything in this world. Could I have the ability to change my thinking in the most unlikely circumstance. Where David did in the psalms where he was in despair and In the midst of his breaking before God he was comforted. I want nothing of my old self, nothing of my fear and nothing of my doubt, but I will leave it all behind for the sake of freedom and stand naked before God where he will cloth me once again. Where I will receive a deeper purity and a deeper beauty revealed. 
That I can release life and receive life as it is given to me from God. That the moment it is realized that I have the courage to give back to the giver of life all the more in which he has already given me. The knowing that He knew us before we were conceived and he loved us. Before we were known as boy or girl He knew, before what we have done or not done, before what we do for a living or who our friends are.

~Emmanuel~ 

Oh what timing you seek
the mystery of your works 
Strengthen me my beloved Christ that I
may follow you deeper
Allowing me to feel life sweetest treasure
Not for my sake of gain here, but for the sake 
of treasured stored in heaven. 
So in this that I can let go of life given
and taken, for the beauty of your
Majesty. 
In this glorious release
cause me to exhale to be in rhythm
to the beat of your heart while
I lay this child at your feet

No comments:

Post a Comment