Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FREEDOM IN ME

    
FREEDOM

    Some where between our history and our destiny is our desire. Where our deepest pain derives such venerability that it quakes the most hardened hearts by the power of God. By tracking the icy steps of our past where there once laid our shattered remains, the very breath God sought fit to breath into me creates the only remount of life, or is this true? Through the ice tiny buds of new life start to brake the surface of frosted glass and a new life begins to appear. Should I know how to focus should I know that this life is a safe thing. How do you tell the little girl in me that the very life that is breaking through her heart has been their sense the beginning of time? That all desires that she has had in life comes from this place the same place where this delicate strength that emerges through her winter. Oh little girl in me breath. As my breath begins to lift and the sun shines with only ripples of warmth I began to need to shed my garments of veils that have covered my shame for years on end. Fear gripped me for the grief of my shame lay waste a tattered body and soul. Slowly removing my hat fearing that no locks remained I could not look at me. Running into the deep snow to feel the safety of my veils my dreams of buds began to call to my frosted heart. Laying waste the heavy tabby coats made from past tattered remains stitched in contempt began to began to rot in the light of new warmer life. Soon all I disappeared under crystal ripples of reflective water. The earth began to show and the souls of my warn out feet no longer could carry. 


          I fell asleep near the icy waters edge were new where once winter was the domain and new life was resounding. Ragged and weary I lay unable to move, broken and bleeding he touched me wounds. One touch at a time one glorious truth told at a time. His tender hands gathered my shattered remains and bound them to him. One by one my heart began to reflect a warmer light then that of a distant sun. Healing my bruised bones and my heavy eyes. Slowly he picked me up and carried me to the waters edge washing my face of ash and shame. His hand covers my head and he speaks. Beloved......   Beloved...... open your eyes, my head hung and his God hand moved from my head down my cheeks whipping my tears all the while cupping my chin near the hole my sin left in his hands. Our faces met and his voice sang Beloved can't you see? There in the beauty of spring on the edge of icy crystal water I was a crown of forgiveness place on my head where I was dressed in gowns of grace and there he named me freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment