Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Transformation part 2

Transformation 
Part 2

     Upon my return home from Colorado I found out that my husband no longer had work. I had the same feeling that went through my stomach as when the swing dropped. It was then that I began to understand what God was talking about swinging. I was not even close to letting go and having fun. As far as I was concerned this was just crazy. We than began one swing right after another. We have been on this ride for a while now. 

We did not get enought from Unemployment to cover our bills plus take care of our daily needs. So I went before God and asked him what to do. He said "pay your bills and I will take care of all your needs and the needs of your family". So in faith that is what we did. Soon I founded a food bank through our church. God had provided a way for us to eat well and on 25 dallors a week. With in a week we were invited to go through Financial Peace University. There we began to learn how to handle money well what little we had. Began to slowly claw our way out of debt.  God was providing us the tools for us to make a budget and keep out of dept. As a couple we began to believe that we could make a difference in our own lifes. 
During this time I was helping out in our Martha ministries. I was asked to take over in the kitchen for the fall quarter. I was afraid not to cook or even that I could but that I would be alone in the kitchen. I began to here the Lord tell me to do this. I could not believe how much I struggled with the whole idea of it. I took my fear and in tears I offered to trust the Lord with this fear. He promised me that he would not leave me alone in the kitchen. With trembling I went to one of the most darling woman Gail Sackville who was in charge of that ministry and I let her know. Tears fell down her checks as she told me that this was an answer to her prayers.  With a familiar feeling of what the heck have I just done and a feeling of the floor dropping from me again I made my way into the kitchen to see if I could help with anything. It was about November mid. November and a sweet woman handed me a gift certificate to get some thanks giving food for my family. It was going to be hard to do thanks giving on 25$ a week. I was in awe for I had not been but a couple of minuets that I had acted in obediance. I am not saying God only blesses those who are obedient but I do think that obedience in the face of fear makes him a proud father. I walked over to the sanctuary where our beloved Mary Krimple who has gone to be with the Lord came up to me. She let me know that God

     All we have is, faith. The faith that pulls us out of our fear and into the promise that God loves us beyond our circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment