Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Selling Out

Selling Out

         I was reading in 1 Samuel and I was noticing the strangth of Davids love for the Lord and how it ozzed out of him. He had a very strong devotion to what the Lord had blessed and ever more then that he was confident in the word of God. (Meaning that when God spoke to him he did not second guess but he stepped into what God asked of him with out fear because he new in his heart that the Lord loved him. ) I am wondering what does it have to take for me to know and be confident and be moved to action when God speeks. 

         I believe in my heart that God knows what is best for me, yet there is this teenage type arriagence that bubbles to the serface of my heart that says I have it all figured out or I know that I don't have it figured out but I am terrifed of that what he has in store for me might be more then I can handle. So what I am really saying is that I do not trust that Gods heart for me is good. 

What will take for us to have faith in the Love of God to move into action with out hesitation or second guessing the Lord heart for us. I think of turning a car. Once you are in the turn you are concidered committed. Once you sign the line on a contract you are stating that you are committed to the agreements that both you and the other party have agreeded that the terms are fair. How about when you buy a dog or a cat. Your are then committed to taking car of that animal to the best of your abilities and you are believing that you have the ability to do so. 
So when you become a christian and you acknowledge that you really need a saviour and you need for giveness. That is not selling out what that is taking the first step into a life long process of redemption. Selling out is a daily choice to giving everything to him, Money, Time , Work , Marriage, Children, Parents, Friends and even your thoughts and emagination. Daily, Once you sell out then you become committed. Like in a contract or when you turn or a when you say I DO. 

        Have you ever offered something that you really did not want to offer? Did the pros out weigh the cons? What about spending time with your children, Moms and Dads if your wife is at a womans night and you really do not want to stop doing what you are doing so you invest very little time into doing what it takes for you little ones or not so little ones. It is easier to let them do there own thing then engage because that would require time and you really are not interested in what they would want to do. 
       I have to say that is the kind of committment that we give God when we are not selling out every day. 
When Samuel obeyed God and went to meet Jesses sons and Samuel asked the Lord after he interveiwed the first few Lord these are the best of the brothers, They have it all together and God said to Samuel the Lord looks at the heart. The major thing is that Saten would loose your soul to heaven inorder to gain control of you for this earth. As long as you havent sold out then, the emeny  has some controll and what has he given you for this one thing that Jesus gave his life so that you could have life and life to the full

No comments:

Post a Comment